Restful, quality and sufficiently long sleep is the most critical component of muscle and whole body recovery. For this reason, chronic lack of sleep is one of the biggest enemies of every athlete. Its result is not only a feeling of fatigue and lack of energy but also slower recovery, which translates into an increased risk of injury. For this reason, the rule is simple. If you do sports, you need to take care of a good night’s sleep.
In this regard, so-called sleep hygiene is crucial. In addition, it is worth paying attention to supplements that can positively affect the quality of sleep and the time of falling asleep. One such supplement is Crash Sleep Aid, a supplement from Vices and Vibes. The compounds in it can help achieve a state of relaxation and relaxation and thus positively affect the time it takes to fall asleep and the overall quality of sleep. Thus, this preparation can indirectly accelerate recovery in people who complain of poor and shallow sleep.
The composition of this preparation is based on compounds that relax and facilitate falling asleep. These are primarily:
– Glycine – the use of glycine can be beneficial for two reasons. First, it is an amino acid involved in protein synthesis. As a result, it supports the recovery of muscle fibres after training. Second, glycine exhibits a very mild relaxing effect, which may improve sleep quality in some people.
– Inositol – this compound is sometimes colloquially referred to as vitamin B8, although it does not formally belong to the vitamin group. Inositol can reduce serotonin reuptake, which, in the big picture, can positively affect mood. For this reason, inositol supplementation sometimes becomes helpful in people with mood disorders.
– β-phenyl-aminobutyric acid – is a synthetic derivative of GABA or gamma-aminobutyric acid. Studies have shown that β-phenyl-aminobutyric acid can improve mood and reduce anxiety and worry in some people. In addition, anxiety reduction has been linked to the easier achievement of relaxation and more quality sleep.
– GABA – gamma-aminobutyric acid is also sometimes used as a supplement for better sleep. Its mechanism of action is to reduce the activity of the entire nervous system. This action can therefore ensure faster sleep and longer sleep.
– Taurine – the properties of taurine can promote muscle recovery after training. Thus, it is an essential amino acid for those who perform regular physical training of high or very high intensity.
– Tryptophan – tryptophan is one of the compounds in synthesising melatonin, the sleep hormone. Therefore, taking this compound may help some people who have problems with irregular circadian rhythms.
– Chamomile powder – popular chamomile is a remedy for insomnia problems that have been known for centuries. That’s why Vices and Vibes have relied on powdered chamomile flowers and stems, which contain active compounds that can support the quality and length of sleep.
– L-theanine – contained in green tea, L-theanine is one of the best-known natural compounds with calming effects. Supplementation with L-theanine can be a good option for people exposed to stress and other strong emotions during the day.
– Lemon balm extract – the lemon balm is the most widely used natural sedative. The compounds in this plant can have a calming and relaxing effect. For this reason, lemon balm extract perfectly complements the composition of Crash Sleep Aid.
– Lavender extract – lavender is another natural ingredient that in folk medicine is sometimes associated with treating insomnia. Combining it with lemon balm may increase the positive effects of both compounds.
– AstraGin™ – the patented formulation AstraGin™ combines the health benefits of astragalus and ginseng. The most well-known feature of this formula is its ability to increase the level of assimilation of other nutrients. For this reason, AstraGin™ is an ingredient in almost all quality dietary supplements.
– Melatonin – the famous sleep hormone, is responsible for regulating the circadian cycle, which is associated with the sensation of feeling sleepy. Studies have shown that taking melatonin before bedtime can help regulate circadian rhythms, normalizing consistent sleep and wakefulness times.
Mix one scoop (about 10 g) of the product with water and drink about 45-60 minutes before you plan to go to sleep.