Deep and sufficiently long sleep is crucial not only for our overall well-being. After all, the regeneration of the body itself also depends on it to a great extent. For this reason, it is essential for athletes who expose their bodies to heavy training loads. Unfortunately, any sleep problems can be particularly acute for active people. It is, therefore, worth knowing how they can be counteracted.
First of all, it’s worth implementing recommendations for so-called sleep hygiene. In addition, you can reach for special supplements that can positively affect sleep quality. Sleep Assist XT capsules from SNS is a good alternative in this category. Their huge advantage is that they contain only natural ingredients with proven effects. As a result, they can effectively facilitate falling asleep and improve sleep quality simultaneously.
Sleep Assist XT capsules contain the following active ingredients:
– Valerian root extract (standardized to at least 0.8% valerian acid content) – Valerian root is one of the most popular natural remedies for insomnia. Studies have shown that the compounds in this root have a calming and relaxing effect. As a result, they promote the quality of sleep and may facilitate falling asleep.
– Extract of lemon balm leaves – compounds found in lemon balm leaves also have a similar effect. Unfortunately, brewing lemon balm rarely has the desired effect, as few active compounds enter the solution. For this reason, it is a better idea to use capsules containing high-quality lemon balm extracts. Importantly, lemon balm can have a synergistic effect with valerian root, described above.
– L-theanine – this compound is one of the most significant benefits of green tea. All because of its powerful calming effect. Several tests have shown that people who take L-theanine before bedtime can expect to fall asleep much faster and get better quality sleep. In this regard, L-theanine offers a high efficiency of action.
– Wild Jujuba extract – the positive effects of the plantain are mainly due to its beneficial effects on GABA receptors. As a result, the allozyme can reduce the time it takes to fall asleep while positively impacting the depth of sleep. Therefore, both of these effects benefit users of the capsules above.
– Passionflower extract (standardized to contain 3.5% flavonoids) – sensual passionflower is another popular and all-natural remedy for sleep problems. Its most important asset is its high content of beneficial flavonoids. These, in turn, not only soothe and help you fall asleep but also exhibit antioxidant activity. For this reason, passionflower can provide several different benefits from supplementation.
– Chamomile flower extract (containing a minimum of 1.2% apigenin) – when scientists studied chamomile’s properties in treating insomnia, they came to an exciting conclusion. After all, it turned out that inconspicuous chamomile contains compounds with efficacy comparable to some sleep medications. But, of course, their concentration is too low to provide similar intensity of action. Nevertheless, the form of the extract makes it possible to increase their effectiveness significantly. Thus, chamomile can be a valuable support in overcoming sleep problems.
– HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) – this natural amino acid is found, among others, in a plant known as Griffonia simplicial. Its mechanism of action is based primarily on reducing tension and anxiety episodes. As is well known, anxiety and restlessness are feelings that significantly interfere with sleep. Therefore, HTP combines two essential features. On the one hand, it reduces perceived anxiety, and on the other, it improves sleep quality.
– Melatonin – doesn’t need to be explained to anyone in particular why the sleep hormone can be helpful in the fight against insomnia. First of all, melatonin helps regulate the circadian rhythm. This is extremely important because its disorders commonly cause sleep problems. That is why melatonin is often used, for example, when travelling far away and changing time zones.
The recommended dosage is 2 to 4 capsules about 30-45 minutes before bed. However, the manufacturer notes that you can limit yourself to 1-2 tablets during the initial supplementation period.