Formutech Nutrition REM 8.0™ Nighttime Formula 40 servings
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from £6.33 with what's this?
Formutech Nutrition’s REM 8.0™ is a nighttime formula that enhances sleep quality while supporting body fat reduction and metabolism. This supplement aims to provide deep REM sleep, allowing you to wake up refreshed and restored. Let’s break down the components listed in the supplement facts:
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) (5mg): This vitamin is indispensable in synthesizing neurotransmitters that regulate emotions, including serotonin and norepinephrine. It is also involved in forming myelin, a sheath that covers nerve fibres. Moreover, pyridoxine is crucial for converting tryptophan to niacin (vitamin B3) and serotonin, a precursor to melatonin, the hormone that regulates sleep patterns. It also regulates glucose, impacting energy levels and overall mood.
- Phenibut: As a central nervous system depressant with anxiolytic effects, Phenibut can significantly improve sleep quality by reducing anxiety, which often interferes with sleep. It mimics GABA, but because of its structure, it can effectively cross the blood-brain barrier, leading to potential improvements in neuronal firing regulation. It has been used to treat a range of issues, from insomnia to stress, but it must be used responsibly due to its potential for tolerance and withdrawal.
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA): This neurotransmitter reduces neuronal excitability throughout the nervous system. In supplement form, it induces relaxation, relieves anxiety, and improves sleep. However, its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier when taken orally is a subject of scientific discussion. Still, many users report a calming effect after taking GABA supplements.
- Glucuronolactone: Typically included in energy drinks for its role in glycogen synthesis and as a mild stimulant, glucuronolactone in a nighttime formula could be intended to support detoxification processes. The body’s vital processes are active during sleep, and glucuronolactone may help facilitate the removal of waste products.
- MACA (Lepidium meyenii): This Peruvian root is traditionally used to enhance fertility and libido, but it also has adaptogenic properties that can help the body resist stressors. While its direct effect on sleep is not well-documented, reducing stress can lead to better sleep quality and increased energy during waking hours.
- Magnesium Aspartate: Magnesium is vital for muscle and nerve function, energy production, and regulating the sleep hormone melatonin. Its form, magnesium aspartate, is thought to be highly bioavailable, meaning it’s easily absorbed and utilized by the body. Magnesium can help alleviate insomnia, especially in individuals with magnesium deficiency.
- L-Phenylalanine: This amino acid is a precursor to tyrosine, which is, in turn, converted into dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine. These catecholamines are involved in wakefulness, focus, and brain function. While stimulating, their presence is essential for regulating the sleep-wake cycle and promoting well-being.
- L-Theanine: Promoting a state of calm alertness, L-Theanine is unique in its ability to relax the mind without inducing drowsiness. It’s also suggested that sleep quality be improved by reducing the time it takes to fall asleep and diminishing the number of wake-ups during the night, leading to a more restful state.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan: Commonly known as 5-HTP, the body uses this compound to produce serotonin, an essential neurotransmitter for mood regulation and sleep. Serotonin is the precursor to melatonin, which adjusts the body’s internal clock and prepares it for sleep. 5-HTP supplements are often used to treat sleep disorders such as insomnia.
- Zinc Monomethionate: Zinc is a trace element essential for numerous enzymatic reactions, DNA synthesis, and protein production. It’s also critical for immune function and has been shown to improve sleep quality in some studies. Zinc’s role in modulating brain excitability and neurotransmitter release might contribute to its sleep-regulating properties.
- Quercetin: This plant flavonol has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Its inclusion may help combat oxidative stress and inflammation, which can negatively affect sleep quality. Some research also suggests that quercetin can modulate brain activity to promote better sleep.
- Vinpocetine: This synthetic derivative of the vinca alkaloids is known to enhance cerebral blood flow, which can lead to improved cognitive function. While its direct impact on sleep is unclear, enhanced blood flow and oxygenation to the brain could result in more restful sleep and better brain function upon waking.
The REM 8.0™ blend is formulated to target multiple aspects of sleep and recovery. The ingredients work synergistically to promote relaxation, support the body’s natural sleep cycle, and optimize the environment for restorative sleep, which is crucial for recovery and fat loss. Furthermore, including ingredients aimed at metabolism may help the body efficiently utilize nutrients and maintain a healthy weight.
Taking one scoop of water before bedtime is typically recommended, but users should follow the instructions provided by Formutech Nutrition and consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement regimen, especially one that affects sleep.
REM 8.0™ is a comprehensive supplement that aims to improve the quantity and quality of sleep, enhance nighttime metabolism, and support overall well-being. This product is ideal for individuals looking to maximize their recovery and performance by harnessing the restorative power of sleep.